Discover Sydney’s most beautiful heritage hotel conveniently located in the heart of The Rocks precinct. Perfectly situated just minutes’ walk from the Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge and the CBD, experience a 59 room, 5 star hotel steeped in history. Built in 1887, the location was the original grounds of Sydney Hospital. Ranging from our heritage rooms to our harbour view suite, enjoy stylish accommodation rooms in The Rocks, and take a journey through time.
Harbour Rocks Hotel offers 59 uniquely designed guest rooms, equipped with modern facilities and contemporary comfort. Discover the sophisticated and charming rooms our boutique hotel offers. The rocks accommodation, which promises an unforgettable stay and thorough Sydney experience, is at your disposal.
Our rooms are smartly designed to meet the needs of our appreciated guests. From cozy to spacious, every room represents a unique heritage inside luxurious accommodation. Take a peek inside and find the one that appeals to your taste.
Finding the ideal conference room in Sydney is not an easy task, not because you don’t have a variety of choices, but because there are too many, and they are all similar. However, when you want to impress your coworkers or clients, you may need a little bit more than the usual. That’s where the Harbour Rocks function rooms come in, as the perfect conference space for any type of meeting.
Located in the heart of Sydney, the Harbour Rocks hotel combines style and space. The different conference rooms and function rooms we offer can be used for any event from a company presentation to a private meeting. In fact, the whole space in the function rooms is designed in a way that breaths sophistication and professionalism.
Your clients will notice the difference!
The Rocks, Sydney
Sydney Opera House – 1km (10 mins walk)
Sydney Harbour Bridge – 350m (4 mins walk)
Circular Quay train station – 400m (5 mins walk)
Sydney Airport – 14.5km (20 mins drive or 20 min on the train)
Car Parking – 30m (1 min walk) Secure public undercover car parking is available adjacent to Harbour Rocks Hotel at the Wilsons Parking (Clock Tower Building, 55 Harrington Street, The Rocks). The cost for public car parking at Wilson Parking is $50.00 per 24 hours and is costed per entry and exit.
Unique events: Christmas parties, birthday parties, small weddings, event launches, board meetings, private dinners
WHAT CAN GUESTS ENJOY THE VENUE:
Heritage boutique hotel with heritage features.
Unique event venues:
- Garden Terrace – A true oasis set amongst the hustle and bustle of Sydney’s historical The Rocks precinct. Looking out over the historical Nurses Walk, surrounded by luscious greenery, the terrace is the perfect venue for pre-dinner drinks or an intimate cocktail party for up to 40 people.
- Harbour View Suite – a self-contained suite contained located on the top floor of the hotel is it. Overlooking the world famous Circular Quay in Sydney Harbour and the Sydney Opera House, it features a large separate bedroom with a king sized bed, open plan lounge with double sofa bed, dining area, and deluxe bathroom with bath & walk in shower & rain shower.
Hold your event on our balcony whilst enjoying convenient facilities. The suite can hold up to 50 guests standing and 20 guests in a sit down setup.
- Tayim Restaurant and Bar – Set in a historic sandstone cavern, with plenty of charisma, offering a blend of modern and traditional Middle Eastern cuisine.
- Creperie Suzette – Crafting the soul food of the French with our finest locally sourced produce, Creperie Suzette brings you a refined selection of sweet and savory crepes and galettes inspired by the nostalgia of a Paris evening and a deep seated passion for heart warming food.
- Private dining room – is the perfect venue for a small breakfast, lunch or dinner meeting in Sydney’s CBD. Offering privacy and a unique sandstone interior, our meeting space is unlike any other in Sydney. Creperie Suzette can host up to 12 guests for a private event
DOES A VENUE HIRE FEE APPLY?
This is determined on a case by case basis depending on the requirement of the event (for instance: number, timing date, venue and spend)
WHAT IS THE LATEST TIME THE VENUE WILL ALLOW AN EVENT TO RUN?
Flexible events timings, however with regards to music & entertainment please note that in respect to our guests and local residents the following curfews have been placed on music and entertainment for the hotels functions and public areas.
Outdoor Areas: 10.00pm Indoor Areas: 10.30pm
ARE THERE ADDITIONAL COSTS (ie: security, staffing, service charges etc)
This is determined case by case basis depending on the requirement of the event
DOES THE VENUE ALLOW OUTSIDE CATERING?
CAN UNDERAGE GUEST ATTEND EVENTS? ARE THERE ANY RULES / RESTRICTIONS AROUND THIS?
On a case by case basis. for instance prom nights (no alcohol, security required etc)
CAN GUESTS STYLE / DECORATE THE EVENT SPACE?
On a case by case basis, depending on venue and type of decoration
DOES THE VENUE SET UP FURNITURE?
IS THERE AUDIO VISUAL (AV)?
Yes – This can be hired at a cost
IS THERE A STAGE?
IS THERE A DANCE FLOOR?
IS THERE SPACE FOR A LIVE BAND?
DO YOUR CONFERENCE / EVENT SPACES FEATURE NATURAL LIGHT?
Yes, The Garden Terrace and the Harbour View Suite both have natural light.
DOES THE VENUE ALLOW EXTERNAL MUSIC? (live bands, DJs etc)
DO ANY OF YOUR EVENT SPACES HAVE ACCESS TO AN OUTDOOR AREA?
Yes, Garden Terrace
DOES THE VENUE HAVE WHEELCHAIR ACCESS?
- Garden Terrace – No
- Harbour View Suite – No
- Tayim Restaurant and Bar – Yes (via Nurses Walk)
- Creperie Suzette – Yes
- Private dining room – Yes (via Nurses Walk)
WHAT TIME IS THE VENUE LICENSED UNTIL?
WHAT ARE THE DEPOSIT TERMS?
In order to confirm your booking, the non-refundable Deposit (equal to 20% of the estimated event charge including all food and beverage, room and equipment hire costs unless otherwise specified in the proposal) must be paid to the Hotel within 14 days of your booking (the Hotel may require payment of the deposit within 48 hours if other tentative bookings are received) and you must return the signed proposal and a signed copy of these Terms and Conditions to the Hotel.
The Hotel may request another non-refundable deposit up to 100% of the total anticipated cost of the event and associated for larger events, or events booked during various periods of high demand. These conditions will be detailed in the Proposal.
Please note that if paying deposit by credit card a 1.3% surcharge (inc. GST) will be added.
DO YOU OFFER FREE WIFI?