Glass Island embarks and disembarks guests from our preferred location of King Street Wharf # 6 (in front of Cargo Bar).
Wynyard train station is the closest train station.
No on-site parking
All corporate events. We only offer exclusive hire Monday to Friday as we host our own ticketed events on the weekends.
WHAT CAN GUESTS ENJOY THE VENUE:
Glass Island is the latest on harbour venue to undergo a multi million dollar fit-out.
- Glass Island has 3 levels, all totally unique to themselves.
- The top deck bar inspired by travels to iconic Mediterranean beach clubs is a lush oasis with a palette of rust, burnt orange and white, with custom seating and super-deep lounges complete with jaw dropping uninterrupted 360-degree panoramic view of the magnificent Sydney Harbour.
- The middle deck is a manifestation of Miami pool clubs and beach front hotel lobbies. A 7m long custom mint-tiled bar features with multiple lounging and seating on a raw timber deck surrounded completely by glass with several large panels sliding open so guests feel the sea breeze on their face. It is as if the guests are literally dancing on the water!
- The lower deck is a chilled champagne and cocktail lounge serving unique cocktails and our selection of natural wines exclusive to that level.
- Available for exclusive hire and offers clients the perfect location with multiple levels that can be customized to play host to their social or corporate event.
Imagine the beautiful Sydney breeze, sun shining overhead, seductive tunes by world class DJs, spritzes overflowing, delicious food and sharing all of this with your friends… it is truly a not to be missed experience.
There is absolutely nothing like Glass Island in Australia
DOES A VENUE HIRE FEE APPLY?
We have a seasonal vessel hire fee that ranges from $1500/hr – $2500hr. It includes marine crew, bar staff, state of the art sound system, fuel, gst
WHAT IS THE LATEST TIME THE VENUE WILL ALLOW AN EVENT TO RUN?
ARE THERE ADDITIONAL COSTS (ie: security, staffing, service charges etc)
Wait staff, security and wharf fees are additional
DOES THE VENUE ALLOW OUTSIDE CATERING?
We try to be as flexible as possible and will consider external catering if we cannot fulfil the client requirement (ie Kosher), however, it is on an individual basis and we would apply a kitchen hire fee.
CAN UNDERAGE GUEST ATTEND EVENTS? ARE THERE ANY RULES / RESTRICTIONS AROUND THIS?
No, Glass Island is 18+
CAN GUESTS STYLE / DECORATE THE EVENT SPACE?
Yes absolutely. They need to discuss what they are doing with us to ensure we will permit their ideas
DOES THE VENUE SET UP FURNITURE?
Yes. Additional furniture / theming can be ordered in at a cost.
IS THERE AUDIO VISUAL (AV)?
Yes, the vessel hire fee includes the state of the art sound system plus a radio Mic. We have full presentation capabilities. This is available at an additional cost
IS THERE A STAGE?
Yes, it currently has the DJ set up on it but this can be move. The state is approximately 4m x 3m
IS THERE A DANCE FLOOR?
Yes, the dedicated dance floor is on the middle deck, however, the entire boat can be considered a dance floor. Approx size of the dance floor is 5m x 4m
IS THERE SPACE FOR A LIVE BAND?
DO YOUR CONFERENCE / EVENT SPACES FEATURE NATURAL LIGHT?
The top deck is open air and the middle deck is floor to ceiling glass.
DOES THE VENUE ALLOW EXTERNAL MUSIC? (live bands, DJs etc)
Yes. The DJ would not need to bring anything as we have a full DJ kit included in the vessel hire fee.
DO ANY OF YOUR EVENT SPACES HAVE ACCESS TO AN OUTDOOR AREA?
DOES THE VENUE HAVE WHEELCHAIR ACCESS?
WHAT TIME IS THE VENUE LICENSED UNTIL?
WHAT ARE THE DEPOSIT TERMS?
50% of the vessel hire fee to secure the date.
Balance of vessel hire fee is due 2 months prior
Final numbers and payment ideally 2 weeks prior
DO YOU OFFER FREE WIFI?
No, we do have WIFI on board but we don’t normally offer it. Let’s just say an event manager needed it we would consider providing it to them
MEETING & EVENT SPACES INCLUDE:
Whilst our capacity is 300 the venue layout has been designed to be incredibly flexible and can accommodate numbers as small as 80
FULL VENUE HIRE
300 (cocktail style)