Daydream Island is located just 5km from the mainland and is one of seven islands of the Molle Group, a sub-group of the Whitsunday Islands located in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef in Queensland, Australia.
The island is rather secluded, measuring 1km in length and 400m at it’s widest point with the highest point on the island at 51 metres above sea level. The main gateway to the Whitsunday Islands is via popluar tourist destination of Airlie Beach.
The Whitsundays are serviced by two domestic airports, Great Barrier Reef Airport (Hamilton Island Airport) on Hamilton Island and Whitsundays Coast Airport (Proserpine Airport) on the mainland at Proserpine.
Direct services operate from Cairns, Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne, with domestic and international connections via Brisbane, Sydney and Cairns airports.
Flight times are approximately:
- Sydney – 2 hours and 25 minutes
- Melbourne – 3 hours and 25 minutes
- Brisbane – 1 hour and 45 minutes
- Cairns – 1 hour and 5 minutes
Daydream Island Resort’s event space will cater to major events, conferences and destination weddings, yet still provide a personal touch. Special events from cocktail parties to gala dinners can be catered for across a large range of indoor and outdoor event locations, with weddings continuing to play a part in the story of Daydream Island Resort.
Available for exclusive use to provide a truly unique experience for your event guests.
WHAT CAN GUESTS ENJOY THE VENUE:
- Following an extensive redevelopment Daydream Island resort now offers 277 refurbished modern rooms and suites with the choice of interconnecting rooms for families and special access rooms.
- There is an expanded food and beverage offering across the island with three restaurants and three bars including an exciting new Asian Fusion restaurant which joins the buffet and modern Australian restaurants.
- The island has a revitalised pool landscape allowing you to swim and enjoy unparalleled views across the Whitsunday’s. The swimming hub is complemented by a poolside bar inclusive of a new burger concept.
- The Living Reef also makes its return to the island in an even bigger and better capacity than before, with the free form coral lagoon wrapping 200m around the central building and holding over 1.5 million litres of water. Join the team of marine biologists and over 100 species of marine fish, rays, coral and invertebrates such as starfish, sea cucumbers and crabs.
- Daydream Island Resort’s event space will cater to major events and conferences, yet still provide a personal touch. Special events from cocktail parties to gala dinners can be catered for across a large range of indoor and outdoor event locations, with weddings continuing to play a part in the story of Daydream Island Resort.
DOES A VENUE HIRE FEE APPLY?
A minimum spend requirement would apply
WHAT IS THE LATEST TIME THE VENUE WILL ALLOW AN EVENT TO RUN?
ARE THERE ADDITIONAL COSTS (ie: security, staffing, service charges etc)
Security is not a requirement but can be added at the client’s request for an additional charge.
DOES THE VENUE ALLOW OUTSIDE CATERING?
CAN UNDERAGE GUEST ATTEND EVENTS? ARE THERE ANY RULES / RESTRICTIONS AROUND THIS?
Underage guests are permitted to attend providing that they are in attendance with an adult who is responsible for them at all times.
CAN GUESTS STYLE / DECORATE THE EVENT SPACE?
Yes (at the discretion of the venue)
DOES THE VENUE SET UP FURNITURE?
Yes. Additional furniture / theming can be ordered in at a cost.
IS THERE AUDIO VISUAL (AV)?
IS THERE A STAGE?
IS THERE A DANCE FLOOR?
IS THERE SPACE FOR A LIVE BAND?
DO YOUR CONFERENCE / EVENT SPACES FEATURE NATURAL LIGHT?
DOES THE VENUE ALLOW EXTERNAL MUSIC? (live bands, DJs etc)
DO ANY OF YOUR EVENT SPACES HAVE ACCESS TO AN OUTDOOR AREA?
DOES THE VENUE HAVE WHEELCHAIR ACCESS?
WHAT TIME IS THE VENUE LICENSED UNTIL?
WHAT ARE THE DEPOSIT TERMS?
DO YOU OFFER FREE WIFI?
MEETING & EVENT SPACES INCLUDE:
ECLIPSE ROOM & TERRACE
In the past solar eclipses were by all accounts wonderous events and so is every event held in this space. Located on Level 2 facing West the Eclipse Room is an indoor space that has an expansive outdoor terrace that is perfect for enjoying a break outside. The view is towards Lover’s cove and the room is on the same floor as the Horizon Room.
200 (cocktail style)
Every good business should be looking towards what’s next on the horizon, and we’ve got a spectacular one. Located on level 2 the Horizon room faces east out to South Molle Island over the beautiful waters of the Whitsundays. The room has a capacity of 300 cocktail style and can also be divided into 2 separate rooms.
300 (cocktail style)