It’s always a good idea to inspect your shortlisted venues. It will help you reach a decision on your chosen venue and seeing the physical space you have to work with will also give you a clear idea of how your event could be run. Here is our checklist on what you should be looking for during a site inspection:
- Is there adequate signage?
- Is there ease of access?
- Are there public transport options available?
- Is car parking available onsite?
- Is the area safe for delegates / guests to explore at night?
Conference / Event space
- Is there easy access to the conference / event space?
- Is there adequate signage to the conference / event space?
- Are the breakout spaces close to the conference space?
- Is there an area for registration?
- Is there natural light?
- Are there pillars in the conference / event space?
- Is there wireless / wired internet access?
- Is the space flexible?
- Is the area well lit?
- What is the standard conference / AV equipment available onsite?
- Where is the pre function area?
- Is there a selection of menu options?
- Is there adequate storage in the conference area?
- Is there easy access to the accommodation floors?
- Are the accommodation floors secure after hours?
- What are the in-room amenities?
- Check in / check out times?
- Is there a separate group check in area / procedure?
- Is luggage storage available?
- Is porterage available?
- Would all group accommodation rooms be allocated on the same floor or area?
- Are there upgraded room types for any VIP guests?
- Is WIFI available in all guest rooms?
- Are there interconnecting guest rooms?
- Are there a range of room types – Twin, King, Double, suite?
- Is there are restaurant / bar onsite?
- Is there a pool / fitness centre?
- Is there 24 hour security onsite?
- Is there a business centre?
- Is there WIFI access in public areas?
Some of these aspects may not be of high importance to you but it is important to begin a site inspection with a clear idea of what is important to you to ensure you are gathering relevant information to assist you in making a decision. Remember, its ok to ask as many questions as you wish and take notes on a site inspection.
Should you need further guidance on conducting an effective site inspeciton, give one of the expert venue consultantsat My Venue Finder a call. Weare passionate about making every event a success. If you need advice or assistance at any point in the planning process we are more than happy to help. For more information on our service please visit our website www.myvenuefinder.com.au